So, I kind of had a rough day. I got home and read up about things to do when you're down, and one of them was to write out a list of one hundred things that make you smile. And I like making lists, so I did it.1. Reading a book
2. Drawing a picture
3. Writing about life
4. Sunshine
5. Practicing the guitar
6. Practicing the cello
7. Taking a shower
8. The feeling after you're done crying
9. Playing on the Sims 3
10. Listening to music
11. Eating good food
12. Making CD's
13. Shopping
14. Playing with Boaz (my dog)
15. Snowboarding
16. Helping people
17. Having something to smile about
18. Looking at good photography
19. Having good grades
20. Not complaining about things and just taking things as they are
21. Singing
22. Sitting in my Bat Cave (my semi-furnished crawlspace)
23. Feeling like I'm pretty
24. Having nice things to wear
25. Chewing gum (not around other people!)
26. New pencils and pens
27. New books
28. Wearing pajamas
29. Getting a text message from someone
30. Having Facebook notifications
31. Comments on my blog
32. Fanfiction reviews
33. The feeling of after completing a lot of homework
34. Making something
35. Looking at childhood photos
36. Having a face clear of blemishes
37. Losing a few pounds
38. Oreos (funny how this one directly followed the previous...)
39. Chocolate in general
40. Going somewhere
41. Youth Group (when Ashley’s there)
42. Starbucks
43. Baking/Cooking
44. Educational videos
45. Watching movies
46. Going to the movies and being the only people there
47. Learning new things
48. Doing something with my hands
49. Accomplishing something difficult
50. Praying
51. Reading my Bible
52. Glee
53. Hugs
54. Driving
55. Toy cars
56. Dinosaurs
57. Really cold ice water
58. Warm baths
59. Being left alone
60. Flowers
61. Contacts
62. Doing my nails
63. Playing with my iPod
64. Complete and total silence
65. Riding my horse
66. Taking pictures
67. New music
68. Asian people
69. Speaking in Spanish
70. Coloring
71. Crayons
72. Kids TV shows
73. Babysitting
74. Sheep
75. Candles
76. A clean room
77. When my laundry is all done
78. Garlic bread
79. Just bread in general; carbs!
80. Caesar salads
81. Clean sheets
82. Ostriches
83. Anthropologie
84. Computers
85. Powerpoint presentations
86. Petting the cat
87. AFV88. Painting walls
89. The library
90. The Dumb Friends League
91. Chips eaten in solitude. (Sounds weird, but...yeah.)
92. Earl Grey Tea
93. Hot Chocolate with whipped cream
94. The smell of the book store
95. Writing letters
96. Mika
97. Great art, like Van Gough, Monet, and Georgia O'Keefe
98. Yo-Yo Ma
99. Sporks
100. Not having a rash
To tell you the truth, it actually made me feel a bit better. So, next time you feel like punching the nearest wall, reach for your computer instead and start typing up words! It's kind of fun. Shortly after I finished this list, my mom and my sister came up to check on me because I refused to eat dinner with the fam, so we just talked, and it was nice.
Tomorrow, my mom and I are going to go see an audiologist who specializes in things like 4S, and he might be able to fit me with a pair of hearing aid-like devices which filter out the bad noises. Don't ask me how, but I'm really hoping this works. Please be praying that my situations at home and at school get better, because I'm not doing so well at the moment with everything in general. Life is kind of coming at me in all directions, and I'm just waiting for the storm to blow over.
Thanks, and I hope you all have a great week :)




Steph,
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you are still out there, over by Denver. I think it would drive me mad trying to list one hundred things.
Prayers.
DFA
Hope you have an awesome week! Just so you know, you would be on my list of 100 things that make me smile!
ReplyDeleteLove ya, gorgeous,
Cec :)
I like how my suffering contributed to #100. :P
ReplyDeleteLove you!